Newbie..Needs Help

Anthra Norell anthra.norell at tiscalinet.ch
Sun Jul 30 06:13:43 EDT 2006

Graham,

Would it help to use another web site? Not as long as the program works on this site. If it doesn't it may help to change sites, but
a new reader would have to be crafted. Towards this my code may look intimidating. It isn't really a good example for a demo,
because it looks scary. As I said, I experimentally stretched the envelope.
      The trick is to develop incrementally, one step at a time, look at the result of each stage, recognize what needs to be done
next and add missing definitions or add a subsequent translation step. In this manner a complex system can be built. SE is
particualry accommodating in this respect. You can test an Editor object in seconds on the IDLE command line, e.g.:

      >>> s = 'Total: $1,234.55  (-6.7)'

      Total    USD 1'234,55  (-6,7%)

It also helps to read  SE-DOC.HTM which explains a host of basic techniques.

Glad to help

Frederic