first book about python

Jake Emerson jake.emerson at onerain.com
Sun Jul 9 00:29:23 EDT 2006

There have been lots of recommendations for the O'Reilly book, which is
a good one. However, I would recommend "Beginning Python" by Magnus Lie
Hetland. All I knew before starting Python was Mathematica, and this
book was very helpful. It may seem to start out slow, but I've found
that I'm going back to those first chapters occasionally to review and
practice the syntax. It, and this group, have carried me through some
pretty tough problems (for me anyway). It's been worth it. Good luck.

Jake