python/libxml2dom questions

Sun Jul 2 01:19:39 EDT 2006

"bruce" <bedouglas at earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:mailman.7700.1151815090.27775.python-list at python.org...
> hi paul...
>
> in playing around with the test python app (see below) i've got a couple
of
> basic questions. i can't seem to find the answers via google, and when
i've
> looked in the libxml2dom stuff that i downloaded i didn't see answers
> either...
>
> for the list in the "for label in d.xpath" how can i find out the size of
> the list???? a simple/basic question, but it's driving me up a wall!!!

I'm at a loss.  Python ships with sample code.  libxml2dom ships with sample
code.  Somewhere in there must be code that evaluates the length (hint) of a
list.

What search terms are you googling for?  The 3rd link returned from Google,
searching for "python list size" is this one.

http://www.brpreiss.com/books/opus7/html/page82.html

Yes, this is a simple/basic question.  It is so simple/basic, that it gets
discussed in just about every Python tutorial within the first 3 pages.

> also, how can i determine what methods are available for a libxml2dom
> object?

Didn't I post a message earlier describing dir and help?  You need to do
some basic reading, man!

-- Paul
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
give a man a fish every day and you feed him for the rest of his life.