wxpython: how does EVT_IDLE work?

Mon Jul 10 16:40:50 EDT 2006

John Salerno wrote:

> Ok, now I'm really confused. I just ran the code again and this time it
> *doesn't* increase the progress bar when the mouse is idle, and it only
> increases when I move it. This wasn't the behavior just a few minutes
> ago, and I didn't change anything! What's going on?

Ok, this helps explain why moving the mouse causes the idle event:

"Note that, unless you do something specifically, the idle events are
not sent if the system remains idle once it has become it, e.g. only a
single idle event will be generated until something else resulting in
more normal events happens and only then is the next idle event sent again."

But I'm still confused about why *not* moving the mouse still allowed
the progress bar to increase (although that behavior has stopped now for
some reason).