Help Needed !!! Browsing and Selecting More Than One File(Problem Solved)

Kilicaslan Fatih fkaslan at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 06:51:56 EDT 2006

Special Thanks to Diez B. Roggisch and Eric Brunel.

Last week on Friday I solved the problems I
encountered thanks to your helpful indications.

I think I covered all the ambiguity in my code. Here's
the code:

# executing CCCC with Python

from Tkinter import *
from tkFileDialog import *
import tkMessageBox
import os

# Creating App Class
class App:

    b_file = ""

    # Function to browse files, the files selected
will be the items of
a tuple
    # This tuple is assigned to the instance of App
class
    # browseFile Function is triggered by a label in
Menu
    def browseFile(self):
        App.b_file
        App.b_file = askopenfilename(filetypes = [("C
Source Code",
"*.c"), ("C Header Files", "*.h"), ("All Files",
"*.*")], multiple=1)

    # Function to Run CCCC Code Analyzer
    def runCCCC(self, event):

        # Controls if a file is browsed and selected
        # If a selection is done the code continues
from here
        if App.b_file != "":
            cmd_tup = ""
            for i in range(len(App.b_file)):
                cmd_tup += App.b_file[i]+' '    # The
type of the a
tuple's items are all strings, here parameter for CCCC
are arranged
            cmd = 'cccc ' + cmd_tup
#according to the
#command prompt syntax, command is created
            return os.system(cmd)
# command is executed
        else:
            tkMessageBox.showinfo("Window Text",
"Please Firstly Browse
and Select A File")
# if no file is selected a warning pop-ups

    def __init__(self, master):

        frame = Frame(master)
        frame.pack(fill="both")

        self.menubar = Menu(master)
        self.menubar.add_command(label="Browse File",
command=self.browseFile)
        master.config(menu=self.menubar)

        self.ccccRun = Button(frame, text="Run CCCC",
fg="red")
        self.ccccRun.bind("<Button-1>", self.runCCCC)
        self.ccccRun.pack(side=LEFT, padx=10, pady=20)

        self.close = Button(frame, text="QUIT",
fg="red", command=frame.quit)
        self.close.pack(side=LEFT, padx=10, pady=20)

root = Tk()
app=App(root)
root.mainloop()