Python-2.5beta1 crash

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Jul 10 10:47:46 EDT 2006

I'm testing ReportLab against Python-2.5beta1 and am getting some kind of
problem as below

C:\Python24\reportlab\test>\python25\python runAll.py
.C:\Python24\reportlab\test\test_docstrings.py:54: ImportWarning: Not importing
directory 'C:\python25\reportlab\tools\utils': missing __init__.py
   module = __import__(mName)
C:\Python24\reportlab\test\test_docstrings.py:54: ImportWarning: Not importing d
irectory 'C:\python25\reportlab\tools\pythonpoint\demos': missing __init__.py
   module = __import__(mName)
C:\Python24\reportlab\test\test_docstrings.py:54: ImportWarning: Not importing d
irectory 'C:\python25\reportlab\docs': missing __init__.py
   module = __import__(mName)
C:\Python24\reportlab\test\test_docstrings.py:54: ImportWarning: Not importing d
irectory 'C:\python25\reportlab\demos': missing __init__.py
   module = __import__(mName)
....Fatal Python error: non-string found in code slot

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

First off there may be a bunch of other C extensions involved including PIL, but
I built them all against this beta. What should I do to refine the error? Do I
start with trying to establish which of the tests is guilty or build from source
in debug mode and attempt to find the problem from below.
--
Robin Becker