Which Pyton Book For Newbies?

Mon Jul 24 14:08:21 EDT 2006

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:

> While I don't doubt that there are many applications that are well-suited
> for web apps and that there are a number of good reasons for making some
> apps web-based, why do you think web programming is /not/ GUI programming?

Personally I enjoy GUI programming, so I'm not really one of the people
that recommend a web app instead. I was just throwing that out there as
a possibility. After all, it does seem easier to use a few HTML buttons
and textboxes in a table than to have to learn even the basics of
something like wxPython or Tkinter. But wxPython is fun anyway, so I
recommend it.