MySql

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Jul 27 10:46:40 EDT 2006

miker2 at optusnet.com.au wrote:
> Paul Boddie wrote:
> > the MySQL-centric culture of ignoring/ridiculing stuff they don't support
> > (and then eventually supporting it, in this case) is probably most to
> > blame if we have to point the finger.

[...]

> I think you should support people rather than pay them out despite
> thier Ignorance.

For the record, I was mostly referring to MySQL AB in my finger
pointing above - there's a long history of them encouraging fashionably
non-standard thinking, ostensibly because of some radical insight into
why everyone else is supposedly doing the wrong thing, but in reality
due to some shortcomings in their product which they're not willing to
admit (at least until they've put them right).

Anyway, I think most of us are happy to help people out who are
suddenly discovering new depths to technologies they thought they
already knew.

Paul