Compiler for external modules for python

pretoriano_2001 at hotmail.com pretoriano_2001 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 22 19:22:56 EDT 2006

Hello:
I have interesting external modules that I want to incorporate to
python 2.4.3 and python 2.5b2 also. Some of them requires C/C++
compiler. I work with Win XP Sp2 and have installed VC2005 express (I
do not know if the compiler is the one with optimizing
characterisitics), when trying to install some module using "distutils"
program, it asks for C/C++ VC7 that is part of VS2003, it seems
distutils is not configured for VC8 that is part of VC2005.
Under this circumstances I tried to find the VC7 compiler from
microsoft sites, however it deflect to the new version of VS2005, so I
"lost the cord and the goat" .
I do not know what to do. Does anybody has some guidelines about this
matter?
Thanks!!!