CPU or MB Serial number

marc.wyburn at googlemail.com marc.wyburn at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 11 10:43:55 EDT 2006

Bayazee wrote:
> Hi,
> How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
> python . I need an idetification of a computer ....
> ThanX

> iranian python community --> www.python.ir

If you are on a windows box with WMI (2000 or above) you can use
Python, win32com extentions to get it.  The WMI stuff is easily
accessible with Tim Goldens wrapper
http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi.html

>>> import wmi
>>> c = wmi.WMI()
>>> for s in c.Win32_Processor():
... 	print s

instance of Win32_Processor
{
	AddressWidth = 32;
	Architecture = 0;
	Availability = 3;
	Caption = "x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4";
	CpuStatus = 1;
	CreationClassName = "Win32_Processor";
	CurrentClockSpeed = 1794;
	CurrentVoltage = 15;
	DataWidth = 32;
	Description = "x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4";
	DeviceID = "CPU0";
	ExtClock = 100;
	Family = 2;
	L2CacheSize = 0;
	Level = 15;
	LoadPercentage = 7;
	Manufacturer = "GenuineIntel";
	MaxClockSpeed = 1794;
	Name = "              Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz";
	PowerManagementSupported = FALSE;
	ProcessorId = "3FEBFBFF00000F24";
	ProcessorType = 3;
	Revision = 516;
	Role = "CPU";
	SocketDesignation = "Microprocessor";
	Status = "OK";
	StatusInfo = 3;
	Stepping = "4";
	SystemCreationClassName = "Win32_ComputerSystem";
	SystemName = "LON42";
	UpgradeMethod = 4;
	Version = "Model 2, Stepping 4";
};