Python SOAP and XML-RPC performance extremely low?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 7 12:09:20 EDT 2006

    Jack> No, I'm not using any accelerator. The code is extremely simple
    Jack> (from toofpy):

To use sgmlop, just download and install it.  Your code doesn't need to
change.  The xmlrpclib module detects its presence and uses it
automatically.

As someone else noted though, a five-second delay for such a small example
doesn't seem to be an XML-RPC problem.  A simple round-trip to my XML-RPC
server running on the localhost takes about 5 *milli*seconds.  That's with
sgmlop installed, but even without it, I can't imagine it taking more than
50-100 ms.

Skip