War chest for writing web apps in Python?

faulkner faulkner612 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 28 02:20:42 EDT 2006

cygwin
http://www.cygwin.com/
try a few IDEs out to see which fits you best. IDLE ships with python,
and isn't significantly objectively worse than any other python IDE,
afaik.
GUI designers aren't necessary because there's usually so little
boilerplate code in any python toolkit, but, again, whatever works best
for you.
[wait, will you be running a GUI on a webhost?]
if you haven't selected a web framework, may i steer you towards
cherrypy? it stays out of your way more than any other web framework
i've tried. and i'm using it now to build a databased web-app for my
college.
http://www.cherrypy.org/