Help Needed. Removing a Folder Problem

Kilicaslan Fatih fkaslan at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 05:57:30 EDT 2006

When I push a button to trigger the code:

def runCCCC(self, event):
        cmd_out = self.A_com()
        if App.runF != "":
            os.mkdir('C:\copiedFiles')

            for item in App.runF:
                App.beCopied = str(item)
                shutil.copy(App.beCopied,
'C:\copiedFiles')
            cmd = 'cccc C:\copiedFiles\*.*' + cmd_out
            os.system(cmd)
            shutil.rmtree('C:\copiedFiles')
        else:
            tkMessageBox.showinfo("Window Text",
"Please Firstly Browse and Insert A File")

I encountered this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1345,
in __call__
    return self.func(*args)
  File "C:\Python24\TkScripts\RCFolder.py", line 61,
in runCCCC
    shutil.rmtree('C:\copiedFiles',
ignore_errors=False)# OLMADI!!!
  File "C:\Python24\lib\shutil.py", line 168, in
rmtree
    onerror(os.remove, fullname, sys.exc_info())
  File "C:\Python24\lib\shutil.py", line 166, in
rmtree
    os.remove(fullname)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'C:\\copiedFiles\\Analog.c'

1. What I want to do is to get the list of files I
inserted to a Listbox,
2. Creating a folder,(C:\copiedFiles)
3. Copying all of these files to this folder with the
same names,
4. Running CCCC for all of the files in this folder,
5. Than removing this folder.

Can anyone enlighten me on this Error I have got and
how to solve it?

Regards