Need a compelling argument to use Django instead of Rails

Ray ray_usenet at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 20:06:52 EDT 2006

Jaroslaw Zabiello wrote:
> >> Ruby
> >> has nice security system (private, protected, public scopes for methods and
> >> attributes,
> >
> > This is not "security", this is data-hiding.
>
> No. Data hiding are in Python. Ruby uses security similiar to Java. If the
> class has method marked as private it cannot be used in children classes.

Why are you calling this "security"? The enforcement of "private" is
not "security" in Java by a long shot. Trust me I know, been doing Java
since near its inception. By your definition of "security" C++ has
"security" too. But no, Java (real) security is very different from C++
and Ruby enforcement of private. It's a much bigger subject in its own
right.