Snapshot+Clipboard

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Wed Jul 19 13:31:27 EDT 2006

Yves Lange wrote:
> Hello,
> i'm searching a method to take a snapshot and save it in a jpg, bmp or
> gif file. I tried with win32api and win32con but it save the snapshot to
> the clipboard, so i tried to redirect this in a file but i have some
> problems while getting the IMAGE stocked in the clipboard and save it to
> a file. Can somebody help me ?
>
> Questions:
> -How can i read the snapshot in the clipboard ?
> -How can i take a snapshot in a different way (less difficult) ?
>
> Thks.

Use PIL which on Windows supports taking snapshots of the screen.
<code>
import ImageGrab
GrabbedImage = ImageGrab.grab() # store screenshot as "RGB" Image
GrabbedImage.save("TheScreenshot.jpg") # PIL evaluates extension
</code>
For more details see:
   http://effbot.org/imagingbook/imagegrab.htm
(works on Windows only)