Byte array question

Dan Winsor dan.winsor at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 09:43:19 EDT 2006

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:

> In the Java snippet from your initial post the `chararray` argument was an
> *array* of `Byte` arrays.  A string is just an one dimensional "byte
> array".  Maybe it helps if you put `chararray` into a list!?

Yup, thanks, that was one that I did try with no improvement:
fileobj = open('testfile.txt', mode='r')
chararray = fileobj.read()
fileobj.close()

soap.addAttachmentsToIssue(auth,'TST-4','scriptattach.txt',[chararray])

fails with:
SOAPpy.Types.faultType: <Fault Server.userException: No such operation
'addAttachmentsToIssue': <SOAPpy.Types.structType detail at
-1216379924>: {'hostname': '<removed>'}>

which is an uglier and less informative trace unfortunately.  Thanks,
though.