SDL doesn't cope well with FreeSans

greg greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jul 27 01:54:48 EDT 2006

Carl Banks wrote:
> Greg Ewing wrote:
> > The characters come out slightly
> > higglety-pigglety -- randomly displaced up or down
> > a pixel or so from the baseline.

> It would depend on how you're displaying them, I would think.

I've seen the same thing happen two different ways:
* Rendering with PyGame's font functions
* With Soya, which is using OpenGL textures

Both of these are using FreeType to do the rastering,
I believe.

> 2. Convert it to a type 1 font and see if the problem remains.

Can FreeType deal with Type 1 fonts? Also, what utility
would I use to do that (preferably on MacOSX).

--
Greg