pyXLWriter - grid lines and if formula

Luis P. Mendes luis_lupe2XXX at netvisaoXXX.pt
Sun Jul 9 19:59:55 EDT 2006

Gregory Piñero escreveu:
> On 7/7/06, Luis P. Mendes <luis_lupe2XXX at netvisaoxxx.pt> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I know that pyExelerator is the supported project now, but I can't use
>> it because I'd need it to generate files from a web platform. Since I
>> can not save a file to a file-like object, I have to use pyXLWriter.
>
> I don't really know what I'm talking about, but maybe have a Python
> script that uses pyExelerator and saves the file to Sdout, name that
> script with an .xls extension and the browser will present it to the
> user as an Excel file?
>
> Maybe, maybe??
>
> -Greg pinero
I'll try that option and see what I can get.

Still, there's an open patch at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1481069&group_id=134081&atid=730645
that says:
"""
pass file-like objects to write
In a cgi script you use mosty sys.stdout to write to
the client with this little patch this is possible.
"""
but it has not been submitted yet.

So, perhaps you could show me how to generate an excel file as a http
response in django?

Luis P. Mendes