Windows vs. Linux

jean-michel bain-cornu pythonnews at nospam.jmbc.fr
Mon Jul 31 06:45:06 EDT 2006

Hi,
noahmd at gmail.com a écrit :
> Is Windows
> an okay enviornment in which to program under Python, or do you
> recommend that I run a dual-boot of Linux or maybe a VMWare install to
> program under Python?

I'm used to practice windows & linux and it makes sense to use python on
both because the compatibility is excellent. Take care to use os.sep as
the file path separator if you plan to stay compatible.
My favorite os is linux, but on windows you have pythonwin which is an
excellent python extension with a very good debugger. Also boa works
fine on windows but have annoying bugs on linux.
Furthermore, python comes with linux (nothing to install) and not with
windows (needs python install if you deploy on users pcs).
Regards,
jm