Need a compelling argument to use Django instead of Rails

aaronwmail-usenet at yahoo.com aaronwmail-usenet at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 24 13:27:33 EDT 2006

Steve Holden wrote:
> I wouldn't waste your time. "A man convinced against his will is of the
> same opinion still", and they already know they aren't interested in
> Python. There are probably many other matters about which they are
> uninformed and equally determined....

This is too true.  Fortunately progress proceeds
slowly nonetheless.  For example C++ is much
less used these days where it is totally and
catastrophically inappropriate than in years past
-- maybe because the true C++ boneheads have
been promoted or are retiring...  Nevertheless I was
recently told by a new grad that I should translate
one of my (working, no problems) python apps to
C++ because C++ is "a higher level language."
But I'm sure he'll fall in line with the next stream
of lemmings rather than sink into the tarpit with the
dinosaurs.

   -- Aaron Watters

===
Paradigms shift when the old guys retire.  -- Kuhn (?)