Python and C++

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 15:26:20 EDT 2006

On 7/25/06, Dave Kuhlman <dkuhlman at rexx.com> wrote:
> KraftDiner wrote:
>
> > What ways can I call my C++ classes from within Python.
> > I've looked at boost but it would appear that there is little
> > support or knowledge on boost in the python community.
>
> If you want to write Python wrappers for C++ code *by hand*, look
> here:
>
>     http://docs.python.org/ext/ext.html
>     http://docs.python.org/api/api.html
>
> If you want to generate wrappers for C++ code (or C code) with
> SWIG, look here:
>
>     http://www.swig.org/

Boost.Python also has code generators: Pyste and pyplusplus(
http://language-binding.net/pyplusplus/pyplusplus.html )

The last one even has GUI, so for small project you don't have to learn
any API, just few mouse clicks and you have almost working code.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding