BCD List to HEX List

Philippe Martin pmartin at snakecard.com
Mon Jul 31 18:06:15 EDT 2006

John Machin wrote:

> So why don't you get a freely available "bignum" package, throw away
> the bits you don' t want, and just compile it and use it, instead of
> writing your own bug-ridden (see below) routines? Oh yeah, the bignum
> package might use "long" and you think that you don't have access to
> 32-bit longs in the C compiler for the 8-bit device that you mistook
> for an arm but then said is an Smc8831 [Google can't find it] with a
> CPU that you think is a SC88 [but the manual whose URL you gave is for
> an S1C88] ...

Thanks for the fixes - still looking at it.

You are correct, all "bignum" packages I found needed 32 bits.

Yes I still see from my documentation that there is no "long" handled by my
compiler.

I did make a mistake on the CPU (and I really do not care what it is) - you
wanted some ref (I still do not see why) and I googled S1C88 and sent you a
link as that is the name of the compiler's directory.

The reason I first came here was to not have to write my "... own
bug-ridden ..." (how nice) ... I have plenty of other bugs to write first.

> *** WHAT HAPPENS IF arg1 > arg2?

cmp is called first.

Regards,

Philippe