Python with DyBase

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Thu Jul 27 08:41:34 EDT 2006

Asem Eltaher wrote:
> Dear users,
> I use Python version 2.4.3 and DyBase Object Oriented Database.  These
> are the first three lines in my program:
>
> import os
> import sys
> import dybase
>
> I usually get the error message:  ImportError: DLL load failed. Kindly
> be informed that I have in the folder: C:\Python24\Lib the following DLL
> files:
> python23.dll
> python24.dll
> dybasedll.dll

Kindly be informed that some person or persons unknown has/have
committed a nonsense. You should have no DLLs in that directory.
1. Delete those DLLs.
2. Install the dybase package according to the instructions (if any)
3. If those DLLs reappear in that directory, delete them, stop
attempting to use the package, and ask for a refund :-)