What is a type error?

Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Mon Jul 17 12:57:34 EDT 2006

Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> of no assertion language that can express such temporal relationships,
> and even if there is (I'm pretty sure there is), I'm rather sceptical
> that programmers would be able to write correct assertions, or correctly
> interpret them - temporal logic offers several traps for the unwary.

FWIW, this is exactly the area to which LOTOS (Language Of Temporal
Orderering Specifications) is targetted at. It's essentially based on
CSP, but somewhat extended. It's pretty straightforward to learn and
understand, too.  Some have even added "realtime" constraints to it.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     This octopus isn't tasty. Too many