PDF with nonLatin-1 characters

per9000 per9000 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 03:40:27 EDT 2006

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> victor wrote:
> > I want to generate a report and the PDF fits perfectly. Though there is
> > an issue of using different encoding in the doc. I tried PyPS with no
> > success. I need a lib that can make PDFs with an arbitrary set of fonts
> > (possibly embed them into the document). What would you suggest?
>
> I'd suggest generating LaTeX code and using PDFlatex. It's pretty hard to get
> better results from any other tool.
>
> Stefan

I agree that LaTeX is great in most cases - but it is a bit tricky to
learn if you are not used to it.

There is something called txt2tags ( http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net/ )
that converts a simple textformat to most other formats (from "text" to
html, tex, man etc) - I have not tried it fully, it could be nice, but
it disturbs me that the format is (just a little) different from the
wiki-format.

It is written in python and has open source I think.

/Per - yet another yet-another-fan
http://www.pererikstrandberg.se