wxPython and Linux dependencies

Nick Vatamaniuc vatamane at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 16:57:34 EDT 2006

John,
To see where Python is looking for libraries open an interactive Python
prompt and type
>>> import sys
>>> print sys.path
You will get a list of paths where Python will look for modules. Also
check to see if you have the PYTHONPATH environment variable set. If
/usr/lib is not in the path list then Python won't be able to import wx
from there. To test your wx app, you can append to sys.path the path of
your wx module then try to import again.

Hope this helps,
Nick V.