update a window with tkinter ...

Laurent Hermann xtnt at 3dchips-fr.com
Thu Jul 27 13:56:40 EDT 2006

Hi I'm new on this list so let me say hello to everybody.

I have a little problem with tkinter but I could not find the
solution on the net so I ask it here...

The thing I want to do is simple but I cannot, I would like to have a
tkinter window that update itself during the program is running, I
created a small exemple :

from Tkinter import *
import time

fen1=Tk()
can1=Canvas(fen1,bg='dark grey',height=100,width=100)
can1.pack()

a=0

while(a<10):
	time.sleep(1)
	tex1=can1.create_text (10*a,10*a,text=a)
	a=a+1

can1.pack()
fen1.mainloop()

what i need is simply to write 1 on the canvas than wait a second
than write 2 than wait 1 and so on ...

if somebody knows what is wrong whith this code t would help me a lot.

Thanks by advance.
Laurent.