What is a type error?

Chris Smith cdsmith at twu.net
Sun Jul 16 19:19:21 EDT 2006

David Hopwood <david.nospam.hopwood at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Chris Smith wrote:
> > If checked by execution, yes.  In which case, I am trying to get my head
> > around how it's any more true to say that functional languages are
> > compilable postconditions than to say the same of imperative languages.
>
> A postcondition must, by definition [*], be a (pure) assertion about the
> values that relevant variables will take after the execution of a subprogram.

Okay, my objection was misplaced, then, as I misunderstood the original
statement.  I had understood it to mean that programs written in pure
functional languages carry no additional information except for their
postconditions.

--
Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer / Technical Trainer
MindIQ Corporation