Python Projects Continuous Integration

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 13:18:17 EDT 2006

On 28 Jul 2006 04:55:39 -0700, Dave Potts <d.j.potts at bcs.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just starting a development project in Python having spent time in
> the Java world.  I was wondering what tool advice you could give me
> about setting up a continuous integration environment for the python
> code: get the latest source, run all the tests, package up, produce the
> docs, tag the code repository.  I'm used to things like Maven and
> CruiseControl in the Java world.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave.

Hi Dave,

Been there recently. The one that seems more used that is done in python is
buildbot... still, I've settled with cruise control for building my python
projects (buildbot just refused to use pserver correctly for me), and it was
just a matter of doing some execs for python for using my actual build
scripts (that are in python).

Cheers,

Fabio