Restricted Access

iapain iapain at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 17:56:05 EDT 2006

Tim Chase wrote:
> If you're prepared for the massive breakage that will ensue, you can
>
> 	chmod go-rwx /usr/lib/python2.3/os.*

No, I cant change permission or delete the module, the best would be
something to detect 'import os' in user code .. but If i go with chroot
jail approch then everything will be like what i want. But chroot jail
approch would take much space on webserver, what would happen if number
of users are large.

> Another alternative might just be to copy the python
> libraries to some place in the user's homedir (whatever their
> original library path was), revoke execute non-user execute privs
> from the python executable ("chmod go-x `which python`), and then
> change python to be a script that runs something like "chroot
> $HOME/ python $@".  Allow per-user access to this script via sudo.

Its having the same problem. The idea on which i am working is a
webide(which i already created) and a user file system(on which i am
working now) so that each user can access python globally and files
from his own folder, without adding them in unix user list.

Best!