Windows vs. Linux

noahmd at gmail.com noahmd at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 19:21:34 EDT 2006

Okay, once-upon-a-time I tried to start programming by learning C.  At
the time I was younger and didn't really understand all that C had to
offer.  I eventually moved over to Microsoft's Visual Basic.  It was
nice to be able to design a visual application with no effort (too bad
I didn't really learn the ins and outs of programming)

Long story short, I want to get back into programming, and Python looks
like a good choice for me to start with, and maybe become advanced
with.  Right now I run Windows as my main operating system.  On my old
laptop I ran Ubuntu, and liked it very much; however, my new laptop has
a Broadcom wireless card, and it's not very Linux friendly.  Is Windows
an okay enviornment in which to program under Python, or do you
recommend that I run a dual-boot of Linux or maybe a VMWare install to
program under Python?