Using Python for my web site

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Mon Jul 31 16:28:00 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 17:12 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> On 2006-07-31 15:00:15, Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>
> > In fact, the real question IMHO is: what would MySQL advantage over
> > PostgreSQL be ?-)
>
> A few years ago I did some research, and the result was that while
> PostgreSQL was claimed to have more features and a better design, the
> reports of database corruption seemed to have been more frequent than with
> MySQL. The usual reason given was that MySQL was more mature.
>
> I assume you don't agree... :)

I certainly don't.  MySQL provides two different ways to corrupt your
data: actual database corruption *and* data integrity corruption.  You
can escape the second by using InnoDB rather than MyISAM tables, but
that increases your chances of the first (InnoDB not being as "mature"
as either MyISAM or PostgreSQL).

Also, saying "a few years ago I did some research" in software terms is
pretty much equivalent to saying "I don't know".

Regards,
Cliff