Remembering History in code.InteractiveConsole

Chris Spencer usenet.20.evilspam at spamgourmet.com
Sun Jul 9 10:51:41 EDT 2006

I'd like to make code.InteractiveConsole function just like the normal
Python console. However, when I try to use the arrow keys to recall
command history, all I get is ^[[A^[[B. I've seen the example at
http://docs.python.org/lib/readline-example.html
but this doesn't seem to work at all, although I don't really want to
persist command history across sessions anyways. Is it possible to
remember command history with IC? I'm on Linux. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris