Help with a command line interface program, where do I start?

Kusanagi kusanagi1977 at aim.com
Mon Jul 17 06:36:51 EDT 2006

Help with a command line interface program, where do I start?

Hi Everybody,

    I am a little new with python, so please forgive any of my mistakes. I need a little help with setting up a command line program that is to be run from a cmd prompt, I don't even know where to start. I have been looking around the web and on wikipedia and still no luck. What I general want is a program that sets at the command line and downloads data from the Net and displays it on the screen in a very rudimentary way. I do not net a full blown GUI, something simple and small supports all of the modes that a standard prompt will allow, such as flashing characters and so forth. I believe that I could really make a program that suits my needs if I could just find the correct library to use. I ask for any and all help and or starting points to help me in this endeavor.

Thanks in Advance - Steven.