How to trap the event of a new process starting with wmi

placid Bulkan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 00:59:22 EDT 2006

gel wrote:

> > Do you have any docs that might help me?

the only information i have is from using help(wmi.WMI) and from the
examples on Tim Golden's website

> What would be the best way to watch for multiple pieces of software at
> the same time, eg. watching for the start up of calc.exe notepad.exe.

Well to watch for multiple process at the same time you need to use
Threads and have written one found at
http://www.google.com/notebook/public/14017391689116447001/BDUsxIgoQkcSO3bQh

> Or even how could I query what the value of the attribute Name is equal
> to in the object calc_created from the example above?

Im not quite sure what youre asking.

-Cheers