I have 100 servers which need a new backup server added to a text file, and then the backup agent restarted.

Petr Jakeš petr.jakes at tpc.cz
Sun Jul 2 16:29:27 EDT 2006

g> This seems easy but I have been asking tcl and python IRC chat all day
g> and no one gave an answer.
g> I have 100 servers which need a new backup server added to a text file,
g>  and then the backup agent restarted.
g> If I have a list of the servers, all with same root password, and the
g> connection is ssh.
g> How do I connect to the server, cat the line to the config file, stop
g> adn start the agent, and then do same to next server in list and
g> iterate through the 100 servers.
g> What script would allow this?

Maybe webmin could help. http://www.webmin.com/
You can manage cluster of servers at once.

Petr Jakes