Parsing Baseball Stats

ankitdesai at gmail.com ankitdesai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 11:48:52 EDT 2006

I would like to parse a couple of tables within an individual player's
SHTML page. For example, I would like to get the "Actual Pitching
Statistics" and the "Translated Pitching Statistics" portions of Babe
Ruth page (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/dt/ruthba01.shtml) and
store that info in a CSV file.

Also, I would like to do this for numerous players whose IDs I have
stored in a text file (e.g.: cobbty01, ruthba01, speaktr01, etc.).
These IDs should change the URL to get the corresponding player's
stats. Is this doable and if yes, how? I have only recently finished
learning Python (used the book: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist:
Learning with Python). Thanks for your help...