wanted: framework for creating nice step by step graphical visualisations of running Python code

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Sun Jul 2 19:55:12 EDT 2006

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com wrote:
> I remember Gato:
> http://gato.sourceforge.net/
> It animates only algorithms on graphs, but it seems a starting point,
> and it works.
>
> I vaguely remember another system, but probably not very good.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Yes, I have noticed Gato already before, but was not able to find my way
into it - I am missing a kind of tutorial explaining what it is all
about - the description of available classes or demos don't tell me much
about it, so I have no idea how to start - is there any tutorial out
there explaining it from the very beginning what is it for, how it does
it and why?
By the way: it seems to be very slow on my 3 GHz Pentium 4 system ...

Any other hints?

Claudio