Nested scopes, and augmented assignment

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Fri Jul 7 04:33:48 EDT 2006

>TR> "Antoon Pardon" <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> wrote in message
>TR> news:slrneapmfr.at1.apardon at rcpc42.vub.ac.be...
>>> And if  Nested variables are harmfull,

>TR> I don't know if anyone said that they were, but Guido obviously does not
>TR> think so, or he would not have added them.  So skip that.

I used that phrase (with correct spelling). I had supposed that it would
be recognised as a variation of 'Global variables considered harmful',
(William Wulf and Mary Shaw, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, 1973, 8 (2) pp. 28--34).
I think nested variables have the same troubles as global variables, so
they should be used with care.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org