Zipping Files to user defined Directory

OriginalBrownster originalbrownster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 22:59:25 EDT 2006

Hi There.

I'm very new to python, and I have been using the TurboGears Framework
to use python to power my application.

I have a class which handles the upload of a file to a directory called
"uploads", which is hosted on a server.

my problems is that when I want to download that file from the server I
want to zip the files selected. but how does a user specify where they
want to save that file?.

I the user will be selecting the files they want to download and I want
to zip those files and let the user save it.

I want to know how to let the user specify where to save the zipped
files.

Any ideas?..any python to help me do this?? i know i can use the
zipfile module but I can't figure out the part about letting the user
decide.

Thank you

Stephen Sandhu