Using Visual Slick Edit for Python

Daniel Dittmar daniel.dittmar at sap.corp
Tue Jul 18 11:15:56 EDT 2006

Brian Buderman wrote:
> Anyone know if there is a way to make slickedit tag the built in modules
> such as os and sys so that code completion and the like work?

I don't think that this is possible as the docs are in the python
executable. But it should be easy to generate a dummy module:

import sys
for name, entry in sys.__dict__.iteritems ():
     if callable (entry):
         print '''def %s ():\n\t""""%s""""\n\tpass\n\n''' \
             % (name, entry.__doc__)

Put the generated modules in a directory outside of the PYTHONPATH, but
add it to the Python tagging of SlickEdit.

Daniel

P.S. Have you already upgraded to v11 and is there anything worthwhile
in it (Python or otherwise)?