Looking for a high performance web server written in Python, and supports CGI/FastCGI

Gerard Flanagan grflanagan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 7 09:27:43 EDT 2006

Tim Williams wrote:
> On 07/07/06, Jack <nospam at invalid.com> wrote:
> > I just did some testing between CherryPy's web server and lighttpd.
> > My test was very simple and I used ab.exe for this purpose.
> > CherryPy web server can serve about 140 simple request / second, while
> > lighttpd can handle around 400 concurrent requests.
> >
> > > You haven't really said much about your requirements though.  Perhaps
> > > if you describe them in more detail (for example, what does "high
> > > performance" mean to you?) someone can make a more useful recommendation.
> > >

> Karrigell has an async server, in standalone mode it won't be as fast
> as lighttpd but its simpler to use and code in than cherrypy.
> However, it can also work behind lighttpd,  so you might get a good
> mix of server speed and fast development time.
>
> http://www.karrigell.com

Yes, agree about Karrigell's quick development time - an almost flat
learning curve if you've programmed for the web before, and none of the
arcana which you can run into  elsewhere.

"high performance"? - I'm using it to provide an intranet for a small
library with *three* networked computers - performance is impeccable!

Gerard