SWIG, C++, and Mac OS X

Siddartha Krishnan sidd.krish at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 11:56:58 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm new to using python and SWIG. I am running Mac OS X 10.4. I have
a C++ class which I want to access from python, however I am unable
to compile it as a shared module in Mac OS X.

I have tried using Distutils and have successfully created a C
extension module, however I am unable to create a C++ extension
module (I dont know how to pass the -c++ parameter to swig in the
setup.py file.

I'd appreciate it If anyone could help me with creating a setup.py
file for use with c++ or compiling a shared module on OS X.

Thanks!