How to force a thread to stop

H J van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Sat Jul 29 03:24:18 EDT 2006

"Paul Rubin" <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> Writes:

| "H J van Rooyen" <mail at microcorp.co.za> writes:
| > *grin* - Yes of course - if the WDT was enabled - its something that
| > I have not seen on PC's yet...
|
| They are available for PC's, as plug-in cards, at least for the ISA
| bus in the old days, and almost certainly for the PCI bus today.

That is cool, I was not aware of this - added to a long running server it will
help to make the system more stable - a hardware solution to hard to find bugs
in Software - (or even stuff like soft errors in hardware - speak to the
Avionics boys about Neutrons) do you know who sells them and what they are
called? -

Sorry if this is getting off topic on this thread... ( in a way it is on topic -
because a reset will stop a thread every time...)

- Hendrik