{} for set notation

tac-tics tactics40 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 12:39:30 EDT 2006

Nick Vatamaniuc wrote:
> I really like the set notation idea. Now that sets are first class
> "citizens" along with dicts, lists and tuples I think they should be
> used when it makes sense to use them

In actual usage, though, how often is it strictly required one uses a
set over a list? It is similar to how queue and stack are not in the
default namespace. Unless you really need to ensure no one is allowed
to make random access changes to your data, a list with push and pop is
really all you need. I beleive the same applies in regards to sets.