Data access from multiple code modules

simon.hibbs at gmail.com simon.hibbs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 08:29:09 EDT 2006

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:

> Separating operations on data (model/controler) from GUI code (view).
> The controler(s) have a reference on the model. The views have a
> reference on the controler(s), and call on the controller to get data to
> display or act on data.

So I instantiate a Model object that handles all IO to the database.
Next I instantiate a Controller object, passing it a reference to the
Data/IO model object. Next I instantiate the display panel objects for
the GUI, passing them references to the Controller object.

The Controller object contains the logic for all the transformations I
want to perform on the data.

Simon Hibbs