What is a type error?

Joe Marshall eval.apply at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:15:22 EDT 2006

Marshall wrote:

> Again, I disagree: it is posible to have mutability without
> pointers/identity/objects.

I think you are wrong, but before I make a complete ass out of myself,
I have to ask what you mean by `mutability'.  (And
pointers/identity/objects, for that matter.)

Alan Bawden discusses the phenomenon of `state' in his Ph.D.
dissertation "Implementing Distributed Systems Using Linear Naming".
MIT AI Lab Technical Report AITR-1627. March 1993  He makes a
persuasive argument that `state' is associated with cycles in naming.