Looking for a high performance web server written in Python, and supports CGI/FastCGI

Jack nospam at invalid.com
Thu Jul 6 12:36:25 EDT 2006

Basically I am trying to find a high performance web server. Since
Python is installed on all of the servers, It'll be great if the web
server is written in Python as well. Otherwise, I will have to install
lighttpd or other web servers.

Then the largest issue with Python-based web servers is performance.
That's why I start to look into medusa or twisted-based servers. Twisted
seems too big and complicated for what I really want to do and the
original medusa web server only has very basic functionality.

And I'd like the web server to have CGI/FastCGI and possible SCGI
support for flexibility in application development. My applications
here are really internal testing or data provider tools. Am I asking
a lot? I think this is basic requirement for a web server these days :D

What it looks like is that, although there seem to be many Python http
servers available, there isn't really one that's simple, fast and
feature-rich (cgi/fcgi/scgi) - I guess I am asking too much ;-p
It seems that the only candidate that meetings the requirements but
"written in Python" is lighttpd.

Any recommendations?