Dive Into Python -- Still Being Updated?

hanumizzle at gmail.com hanumizzle at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 23:32:23 EDT 2006

Alan Franzoni wrote:
> Il 22 Jul 2006 15:48:36 -0700, hanumizzle at gmail.com ha scritto:
>
> > http://diveintopython.org/getting_to_know_python/indenting_code.html
> >
> > The function called fib (presumably short for Fibonacci) appears to
> > produce factorials. Anyway, 'fib' should really be called 'hem'. :)
>
> I think this is just a bad name for the function... it's not stated
> anywhere that it should return a Fibonacci sequence.

Well, yeah, my point. It's misleading. He was on the right track (it is
a sequence), but he goofed a little. In general, Mark Pilgrim's
material is pretty damn good.

> > http://diveintopython.org/native_data_types/tuples.html#odbchelper.tuplemethods
> >
> > I think tuples have methods, na?
>
> Well... of course they have some *special* methods, (any python object has)
> but they have no method of their own. I think this is pretty clear, it's
> employed to emphasize the contrast with the list object.

I'm coming from Perl/Ruby, so maybe I don't grasp the concept of
'special' methods yet.

> BTW, you can see last update is 20 May 2004; it's right on the homepage.

I know :( ...it is open content (GFDL), so I suppose I could pick it
up...maybe later :)