Help Needed. Removing a Folder Problem(Problem Solved)

Kilicaslan Fatih fkaslan at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 11:35:58 EDT 2006

--- Larry Bates <larry.bates at websafe.com> wrote:

> Note the error is permission denied.  I would guess
> that
> either the file has read-only flag set or perhaps
> the
> 'cccc' program is still running and has the file
> open
> in a separate thread so you can't delete the
> directory
> until it has completed.  You should take a look at
> the
> subprocess module and use something like (not
> tested):
>
> retcode = call([r'cccc C:\copiedfiles\*.*',
> cmd_out])
>
> This will wait for execution of cccc to complete
> prior
> to returning.
>
> -Larry Bates
>

> Kilicaslan Fatih wrote:
> > When I push a button to trigger the code:
> >
> > def runCCCC(self, event):
> >         cmd_out = self.A_com()
> >         if App.runF != "":
> >             os.mkdir('C:\copiedFiles')
>

> >             for item in App.runF:
> >                 App.beCopied = str(item)
> >                 shutil.copy(App.beCopied,
>
> > 'C:\copiedFiles')
> >             cmd = 'cccc C:\copiedFiles\*.*' +
> cmd_out
> >             os.system(cmd)
> >             shutil.rmtree('C:\copiedFiles')
> >         else:
> >             tkMessageBox.showinfo("Window Text",
> > "Please Firstly Browse and Insert A File")
> >

> > I encountered this error:
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "C:\Python24\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line
> 1345,
> > in __call__
> >     return self.func(*args)
> >   File "C:\Python24\TkScripts\RCFolder.py", line
> 61,
> > in runCCCC
> >     shutil.rmtree('C:\copiedFiles',
> > ignore_errors=False)# OLMADI!!!
> >   File "C:\Python24\lib\shutil.py", line 168, in
> > rmtree
> >     onerror(os.remove, fullname, sys.exc_info())
> >   File "C:\Python24\lib\shutil.py", line 166, in
> > rmtree
> >     os.remove(fullname)
> > OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> > 'C:\\copiedFiles\\Analog.c'
> >
> > 1. What I want to do is to get the list of files I
> > inserted to a Listbox,
> > 2. Creating a folder,(C:\copiedFiles)
> > 3. Copying all of these files to this folder with
> the
> > same names,
> > 4. Running CCCC for all of the files in this
> folder,
> > 5. Than removing this folder.
> >
> > Can anyone enlighten me on this Error I have got
> and
> > how to solve it?
> >
> > Regards

> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com

Dear All,

I changed the mode of the files before copying them.
So the problem is solved as follows:

SOLUTION:

def runCCCC(self, event):
        cmd_out = self.A_com()
        if App.runF != "":
            os.mkdir('C:\copiedFiles')

            for item in App.runF:
                os.chmod(item, 0700)
                shutil.copy(item, 'C:\copiedFiles')

            cmd = 'cccc C:\copiedFiles\*.*' + cmd_out
            os.system(cmd)
            for root,dir,files in
os.walk("C:\copiedFiles"):

            shutil.rmtree('C:\copiedFiles')
        else:
            tkMessageBox.showinfo("Window Text",
"Please Firstly Browse and Insert A File")

Thank you very much for your help,
Regards